Flood, Fire, & Earthquake Insurance

Flood Insurance — Jones Group Insurance Services in Marietta, GA

Flood Insurance

Flood insurance provides protection for destruction and financial devastation caused by floods. Although it may not seem like much, even a few inches of water can cause damage and result in thousands of dollars in repair and restoration costs. Homeowner's insurance does not typically cover floods. Purchasing flood insurance through Jones Group Insurance Services can protect you.
Although it may not seem as necessary as homeowner's' insurance, flood insurance is important if you plan on keeping your home safe and your possessions secure. Flood coverage offers protection against losses that result from heavy and lengthy rain falls, storm surges, blocked storm drainage systems, snow melts, etc.
Different types of policies are available based on your property's location and flood history:

Standard Flood Insurance Policies

If you live in a community that participates in the NFIP, your building and its contents can be covered by a Standard Flood Insurance policy. The National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) was established by the Federal Government to help communities who "voluntarily participate in the NIFP by adopting and enforcing floodplain management ordinances to reduce future flood damage." To be considered a flood, the waters must cover at least two acres or affect at least two properties. You must apply for building coverage and contents coverage separately if you choose to invest in a Standard Flood Insurance policy.

Preferred Risk Policies

If your home or business is in a low or moderate risk zone, your building may qualify for a low-cost Preferred Risk Policy. While you are not required to purchase flood insurance in low-to-moderate risk areas, a Preferred Risk Policy will protect your home and its contents if you are affected by a small flood or a larger flood that has extended into your low-risk area. In truth, many flood insurance claims occur in low-to-moderate risk areas.

Dwelling Fire Insurance — Jones Group Insurance Services in Marietta, GA

Dwelling Fire Insurance

At Jones Group Insurance Services, our dedicated agents make choosing Dwelling Fire Insurance easy. We analyze your needs and explain your options in a clear, understandable way while saving you time and money in the process. We make it quick and easy to find the dwelling fire policy you need at the rate you deserve. DP1 is the standard form used for a dwelling fire policy.
Dwelling fire insurance coverage can protect your Georgia rental property from fire damage and yourself from legal and personal liability. With dwelling fire insurance through Jones Group Insurance Services, you can rent your property out with confidence.
  • Dwelling fire insurance policies cover houses and structures that are NOT occupied by the owner
  • A homeowner's insurance policy will NOT cover damages to a home that the policyholder is not living in
  • Dwelling fire insurance policies cover all fixed structures, such as the home itself, the foundation, cabinets, walls, countertops, etc.
  • Most dwelling fire insurance policies DO NOT cover personal property because the policyholder is not an occupant of the home
  • Dwelling fire policies can be written for other structures on the property, such as sheds, unattached garages, barns, pagodas and greenhouses
  • If a fire leaves your rental home inhabitable, a dwelling fire insurance policy could cover up to a year's rent for the vacancy
  • Dwelling fire policies cover houses and structures for the specific hazard listed. That is the why it is known as "Named Peril" coverage on the standard dp1 form.
  • Can be used to cover cleanup after a loss, like after a natural disaster.
  • Usually pays the actual cash value for a loss, but can be upgraded to replacement cost coverage.

Earthquake Insurance — Jones Group Insurance Services in Marietta, GA

Earthquake Insurance

To buy or not to buy earthquake insurance? After the earthquakes in Japan and Haiti, that question is on the front burner again. It's hard to ignore that gnawing feeling in your gut that not having this insurance policy could mean big problems in the event of a Big One.
Many homeowner's, however, still hold off on purchasing insurance; in California, only 12 percent of owners with homeowner's insurance policies also have earthquake coverage. Why? Denial, for one. And cost, for another. Depending on the coverage options you choose, earthquake insurance will cover the cost of your damaged home and any assets that are damaged on your property.
When you decide to purchase earthquake insurance, remember that you should buy enough to cover the costs of rebuilding your house and replacing broken possessions. The amount of insurance you buy should be based on replacement and reconstruction costs, not the market value of your property and possessions. A generally accepted rule of thumb is that you should not risk more than 10 percent of your liquid assets. A large earthquake could mean:
  • Your home's structure could be damaged or destroyed
  • Your belongings could be damaged or destroyed
  • $700-$3000 a month for temporary rent and relocation costs